Since 3A & 3B did not pass in Jefferson County the Green Gables PTA reached out to Kathleen Askelson, Chief Financial Officer, Jeffco Public Schools |Financial Services and we wanted to share with our parents some information.
- http://jeffcoschools.citizenbudget.com/ _ Balance the 6 million dollar District School budget with this interactive tool.
- http://www.jeffcopublicschools.org/board/index.html – Jeffco School Board web site
- http://www.jeffcopublicschools.org/finance/index.html – Jeffco School Board Finance Dept web site (tons of links on it)
- For budget and financial presentations and discussions at previous Board of Education meetings, please view the agenda items and attachments available on BoardDocs.
- Specifically, go to the November 17 Board of Education meeting agenda.
See Item 2.06 Budget and Community Engagement Update to view the attachments (to hear the actual presentation, view the video by selecting the meeting date from the online streaming link http://new.livestream.com/accounts/10429076/events/3542310; you will also be able to listen to the discussion for agenda item 2.07 Charting Next Steps.
- The Community Engagement online budget interactive tool is open. It will be used to gather input from the community with regard to budget priorities. The purpose of the tool is to create an opportunity for individuals to weigh in on budget priorities by allocating a designated amount of dollars to fund various priorities that have been identified and experiencing firsthand the difficult choices the district has to make about how to direct limited.
- Budget-related updates are scheduled for the following Board of Education meetings (dates subject to change): January 12, February 9, March 23 and on April 20. The proposed budget and public hearing is scheduled for the May 4 Board of Education meeting.