Welcome back to school! PTA is excited to get started on the rest of the school year. We are writing to let you know about a variety of ways to get involved in our school this winter and spring. We know everyone is busy and it is hard to add another commitment to your list of “to-do’s” but we have lots of ways to make a difference– whether you have a minute, an hour, or a day to commit (or even want to help organize a whole initiative or event)!
Moms and Muffins (Jan 17 at 7:45 a.m.), Dad’s and Donuts (Jan 31 at 7:45 a.m.)
An annual student favorite– they get to bring you to school for a quick breakfast before starting the school day. If you’re coming, would you be willing to bring a dozen muffins or donuts or some juice along with you? Please sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b4aaea72ea1f85-moms
Meals for Teachers on Conference Nights
Sign up to bring food for teachers working late for Parent/Teacher Conferences on February 13 and 15. Sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f45aea622a6ff2-dinner1
World’s Finest Chocolate Fundraiser
– If you have one minute– order some chocolate, sales start February 6th and forms are due back to school by February 20th.
– If you have one hour– help your student contact neighbors, friends, and family to sell chocolate to benefit student resources and family events at school.
– If you have one hour—we need about 5 adults to help sort chocolate once it arrives at the school on Monday, March 12th at 2 p.m. in the cafeteria. Sign up here: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0B4AAEA72EA1F85-worlds
Run For Funds Fundraiser
– If you have one minute– make a financial pledge to support your student’s run, pledges start April 26th.
– If you have one hour– help your student contact neighbors, friends, and family to get pledges to benefit student resources and family events at school.
– If you have one hour– come help out at the event on Thursday, May 3rd and cheer the kids on as they run and run! Watch for information coming soon about signing up to help.
– If you have one day– help coordinate logistics for the event. One of the most fun days of the year at school! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to help!
2nd Annual Family Science Night, Wednesday, March 14
– We need at least 30 volunteers for one of the most fun evenings at school all year; we have shifts available for everything from setup to cleanup to helping exhibitors and much more. Sign up here: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0B4AAEA72EA1F85-family.
After School Clubs
– This year PTA is starting a new program of after-school clubs and our pilot program is starting in January. If you have a skill that you’d like to teach students you can sign up to lead an after school club in the spring trimester! Watch for more details and a leader application in Friday Folders in February.
Teacher Appreciation Week, May 7-11
– Help show our teachers how much we all appreciate them! Watch for information coming soon about a Teacher Appreciation Week planning meeting, and in the meantime, contact Jan (email@example.com) to let her know you’re interested in participating.
Attend a PTA Meeting the 2nd Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. Free pizza and free childcare provided at all meetings!
- February 12
- March 12
- April 9
- May 14
– Do you have other ideas– things you’ve seen at other schools, things you remember from when you were in school, things you’ve always looked forward to doing when you had kids in elementary school– please come to a PTA meeting and let us know!!! We are open to your new ideas and we are always looking for ways to enrich our students’ experiences at Green Gables. Join us in making a difference!
Become a Member
– You can join the PTA or give a gift membership anytime! Contact our Membership Coordinator, Tiffany Cuneo (firstname.lastname@example.org) for membership information!
Green Gables PTA