Our Science Fair Committee coordinated the 2nd year of fun and interactive exhibitors for our budding student scientists! In addition to a lot of great exhibitors, we also had a selfie photo booth, pizza and lots of great science-themed prizes for students.
A special thanks to our group of volunteers and exhibitors:
- Audubon Society – Beavers and the tools they use to swim and live in and around the water. Students even got to try out all the gear they would need to swim like a beaver!
- Bear Creek High School – These students love science and loved sharing it with Green Gables. Slime and marshmallows in a vacuum were a big hit!
- Carmody Middle School – 7th 8th grade science with Air Cannons
- CU Student Academy of Audiology – A great model with pink hair and some graduate students helped us ALL understand how loud is too loud on those headphones!
- Environmental Protection Agency – Testing our recycling knowledge and exploring where our waste goes.
- Fish and Wildlife Service – They brought in Animal pelts and bones and taught us about tracks.
- Green Gables PTA – spraying vinegar and watching gold or shamrocks turn to mush. A chemical reaction!
- Intuitive Machines– Straw rockets, powered by kids. Those things shot everywhere!
- Lakewood Parks and Recreation – close your eyes, tilt your head, does it feel differently to walk or stand when one of your senses is off?
- Morrison Natural History Museum – Touching allowed! Dino bones from millions of years ago to creatures of today, kids loved to touch everything on the table!
- National Renewable Energy Lab– Who could not have had fun trying to get the light bulb to light or to measure wind?
- Play-Well Teknologies – gears and pulleys plus Legos – hours of entertainment!
- Sustainable Southern Gables– We learned all about the plant cycle. There is for sure some really cool stuff going to happen in our garden this year! Don’t forget to come to the Grand Opening 4/22
- Water for People – Here we learned all about water conversation and how to keep our waters clean.
And our success was recognized on the Jeffco Public Schools Facebook Page!