We have kicked off our 2018 Read-A- Thon with Drop everything and read on Sept 24th. The Read-A-Thon will run until October 7th. This is a wonderful opportunity to get our kids geared up for the love of reading while raising funds for the school.
Some things to know:
- You can follow our progress as a school at https://www.read-a-thon.com/school/Green-Gables-PTA_21598
- Each student has their own personal code and page to help track minutes, raise funds, and earn prizes thru October 7th
- There are prizes for everyone: Top reading class, Top fund Raisers (Class and individuals) , Top readers
- Don’t forget to complete your additional chances to win by completing the coupons sent in Friday Folders
- Coupons will be collected each morning as the kiddos enter the school doors
- Our school goal is 150K minutes for the staff to turn their hair green!
- We will update our Facebook page on our daily running totals. (We hear there is some fierce competitions between the classrooms occurring.. and we love that)
- As of Sept 28th here are your running totals:
Did you know:
- For the 2018/2019 school year Green Gables Elementary has a new Library system and new look and feel to the library? We were able to accomplish these things partially with the funds raised from last year’s fund raisers contributing 4K to the library revamp from last year’s fund raiser
- With the new library system you have access to:
- To view the current library system
- Check the books that are checked out
- Place holds on books of interest
- Link directly to the Jeffco Library
- Access Collections which allow you to explore topics of interest.
- Explore multimedia experiences using Lightbox
- There are many ways to access the library catalog they are as follows:
Steps to add your minutes from home:
- Access our site https://www.read-a-thon.com/readers/enter_code_m
- Enter your code provided in your flyer from the Friday folders
- Click on Start a Reading session from either the main page tile or from your menu on the left
- Click on start or enter a reading session
Do you have a passion for reading?:
- Consider volunteering at the library. They could use your help in shelving books and helping the kids during library day
- Contact the front office for volunteering opportunities.
Can we do 150K minutes?
We think so during the Jefferson County Summer Reading program we read 233,423 minutes as a school and ranked 7th out of 94 schools. If you missed our summer reading program with Henry the reading wonder dog you can read all about it him and our summer adventures here.