One of the goals of the 2018/2019 PTA board is assist the school in accomplishing a Chromebook for every child. We were able to purchase for the school 6 Chromebooks thru the funds we have raised. We hope to continue this trend. Technology is not the only way that the PTA supplements funds for the school. We sponsor field trips, classroom supplies, and curriculum program support. In addition we also host community events to bring our leprechauns together outside of the normal school day.
We are always looking for volunteers to help us pull off the many events and programs that we support. Please reach out to email@example.com for our latest opportunities including: the St Patrick’s Day parade, Science Family Night, Teacher appreciation, and the end of year celebration.
Whether you have an hour, a day, or more we can use your help!
How can you help?
- Keep collecting BoxTops – Our fall submission was $598.47 and we have one more submission in the spring which we hope to surpass our $1k total for the year.
- Shutterfly – Use our Green Gables PTA link to order all of your photo needs including holiday gifts and cards. Simply use our link http://greengablespta.shutterflystorefront.com/ . 13% of the total sales will be placed in our account.
- Holiday shopping becomes a breeze by using our Amazon Smile account. When you make a purchase thru our Amazon Smile account .05% of your total purchase is placed into our Green Gables PTA fund by the Amazon Smile program. The program is free to participate. You simply need to click on our site -> Log in -> and place your order from https://smile.amazon.com/ch/84-6111907 . .03% might not seem like a lot but since we started this program we have raised a total of $301.91 for the school. That’s three field trips on the bus or one Chromebook purchased thru the District.
- Milk Tops for Moola– If you are a Longmont diary customer or your neighbor is bring in those milk tops to the front office. Once we reach 1K caps the company reimburses us .05 cents for each cap. http://longmontdairy.com/pdf/Caps-for-Mooola-FAQ.pdf
- Support our Business Sponsors- We appreciate our Business Sponsors. They have helped us tremendously in providing funds for our technology and community events. Take a moment to thank them personally, visit their establishments, and be sure if you use their services to provide them a review via yelp, google, or the companies website. We are always looking for more sponsors if you have suggestions for us to reach out please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participate in our Food Nights – We recently partnered with New York Johnny’s Pizza to provide a 4 day long food night fund raisers. We are still tallying our results but we will have additional Food Nights coming up. So watch our Facebook site, your school messenger, and your Friday folders for additional information.
- Volunteer your time and creativity– We are always looking for Green Gables Champions to help us provide support to our student’s and staff. If you have an idea or would like to spear head a fund raising idea please reach out to us! email@example.com
- Follow us on Facebook or thru our website– Follow us on Facebook or our website and like our posts. Our social media following helps us to gain more business sponsors. If you have a passion for social media we are looking for a volunteer to take over this effort.
- Become a PTA member- Engage by becoming a PTA member and attend our monthly meetings. Together we can help our leprechauns learn and grow. We need your help to pull off what we do. We accept checks or online payments for all of our membership levels. http://ptagreengables.com/membership/
What’s Coming up:
- December 4th will be a Chipolte night hosted by Southern Green Gables HOA. 33% of total sales will be donated to the Giving tree at the school.
- Holiday Shop- We will again this year host the Holiday shop where students can shop for holiday gifts for their family. All proceeds will go back to the Giving tree at the school.
- January PTA meeting
- Talent Show
- Worlds Finest Chocolate
- Moms 4 Muffins/Dads 4 Donuts
- Science Family Fun Night
- St Patrick’s Day Parade
- Teacher Appreciation
- Run 4 Funds
- Spring Club Activities