Is it worth it to Clip and Click your Box Tops?
The answer is YES! Last week a couple of Parents came together to gather up all of the Box Tops you have been clipping and saving and submitted $500.00 worth of Box Tops for the Fall Submission. Our goal for the year is to submit $1,000.00 !
How can you help?
- Keep Clipping and saving those Box Tops for the Spring
- Take advantage of the Box Top App to double our and your earnings
- Check the Box Tops for expired ones and only submit those that are still valid
- Turn in your Box Tops to the school front desk or containers through out the school
- Ask your family and friends to save them up for our kiddos
- Volunteer in the spring to help us prepare the Spring submission.
Did you know the Box Top App has coupons?
They have both digital coupons and printed coupons. See more information here https://www.boxtops4education.com/coupons
Have you used the Box Top App?
Here is how it works:
- You download the app from the apple store or google play.
- You review the items on the list and go shopping.
- Once you have received your receipt you select the items from the app -> scan your receipt -> select process
What did I think:
- It’s pretty easy once you understand what they need to see in the scan of your receipt. It took me three tries to get my receipt accepted, but it was pretty painless. Make sure that your date of sale, line items, receipt total and store are clearly identified in the picture you took of your receipt.
- The app provides clear feedback on why your receipt was not processed. For example: Items not found or total missing. It also sends you an email to your Box Top account.
- I purchased three items on the app (35 items were eligible). Green Gables earned $1.00 on three items my family purchased. I can quickly see that money in the school account. That was probably easier then cutting, saving, and gluing.
Why Box Tops:
Green Gables has been participating in the Box Top program since 2013. We have earned $7,257.13 over the last 4 years. That’s ALOT of box tops! Now, some would say it’s not worth the effort. I say I eat the products anyhow I might as well help out the school.
During our experiment I only purchased 3 out of the 35 eligible app products on the list. It took me three tries to get the receipt to process ….but we have a dollar in our Green Gables account. Noone had to clip.. and I have 3 box tops to turn in on a collection sheet in January . So my vote is give it a try.
Here is some more info on the program:
- Participating Products
- Collection Sheets
- Turn Clipping into a Math or Art exercise:
- Estimate the number that you have stored.
- Organize in 10’s
- Use a chart or graph
- Guess how much we will collect this year. (When was our highest year, what is our average, how can we improve)
- Calculate your savings when you combine the app, coupons, and store coupons.
- Design your own collection sheet
Keep on Clipping Leprechauns! Keep on Clipping and Clicking!